Friday 6 November 2015

Life lessons from a puppy - Don't put off till tomorrow...

It was a grey day yesterday. 

I intended to walk the Puppy round the block before I went out to Oxfam, but I ran out of time. So I gave her a quick chase round the garden and thought I'd do it later.When I got back from Oxfam it was raining. The Puppy doesn't like the rain. I spent 10 minutes cajoling her to walk about 5 yards down the road and then gave up. 

'Fine!' I said. 'You don't like walking in the rain, I'm not enjoying it either, we'll go home.'

Later, when the rain eventually eased, it was dark, and then I realised it was bonfire night. We played with the puppy inside, but she didn't get out for a walk. No problem I thought.

Until this morning.  

This morning was punctuated by  shouts of 'NO!' from various members of the family as Mad Puppy tore round the house, jumping up, playing tug of war with everyone's clothing and generally being annoying. I'm sure I heard the Husband threatening to send her back, but I think we'll let that pass under the circumstances...

I got dressed as quick as I could and took her out for a long dog walk with plenty of running around in the park. We got out first thing before it was too rainy, but the rain came on and we came back wet and bedraggled, but with waggy tails. 

So today's life lesson from a puppy - don't put off exercising till tomorrow when you really should do it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment